An anniversary isn’t the only celebration for which you need to be prepared when planning your care packages. Most deployments range eight to 12 months, so in that time, you’re due to experience many celebrations apart. The Internet is chock full of ideas for how to make him feel part of the party while he’s away. The most important thing to remember is that sending decorations for holidays is not goofy. Sure birthday party favors aren’t going to last him the week and he can’t eat them and they won’t keep him entertained. But it will make him feel special that you went out of your way to make sure he knows you think he’s special on his big day.
77. Father’s Day Edition: Be deliberate about taping your kids throughout the deployment and send him the DVD to celebrate Father’s Day.
78. Send your birthday boy a personalized photo birthday card from Hallmark.
79. Yes, you can send a birthday cake thanks to BakeMeAWish.com. Click the link in the ad below and this month only Janes-List.com readers can get 15% off by entering the promo code JLIST09.
80. Celebrate a promotion: Sparkling Cider in bubble wrap and a heartfelt note telling him how proud you are of him.
81. Baby on Board: Send him a new daddy package with baby booties, a proud daddy tee shirt and plenty of ultrasound pictures.
82. Halloween: Fill a Jack-o-Lantern with his favorite slasher flicks, tricks and treats.
83. Thanksgiving: Give him a seat at our dinner table – turkey jerky, craisins, instant mashed potato flakes and a recording of your loved ones saying what they are thankful for.
84. Christmas: A stocking with decorations to celebrate and his favorite Christmas movies on DVD. You can usually find great deals on this!
85. New Year’s: Recording of you counting down to midnight and telling him all the things you’re looking forward to doing with him in the new year.
86. Valentine’s Day: This is a great holiday for hard candy so load up on the red hots, sweethearts and more and be crafty and make your own Valentine!
87. Easter: No one’s too old for an Easter basket! Fill it with peeps, jelly beans and his favorite seasonal candy.
88. Fourth of July Edition: Why not send some summer sausages? Hickory Farms offers free shipping to APO/FPO addresses.
Photo by: Jeff Harris Studio for BakeMeAWish.com